ant-dev mailing list archives

From jcarpenteremail-...@yahoo.com
Subject Nant version of Ivy
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:55:59 GMT
Is there any ongoing effort to produce a .NET/NAnt version of Ivy?  (I suppose this would
be "NIvy".)

I find myself wondering if this can be easily done by using IKVM to convert the
Ivy bytecode to IL along with NAnt based clones of the Ivy Ant tasks.

Any guidance on the most practical/expedient approach?  Any rough estimation of effort?
I'm guessing this is only a week or two of work if IKVM works smoothly, but I don't really
know.

Is there any interest by Ant committers to adopt such a product if I took the time to author
it?  If so, any guidance on how to ensure it would be adopted?  I assume some amount of
simple automated integration/smoke tests would need to be created.

Thanks for your time and effort spent responding to this post.