ant-dev mailing list archives

From Sangal_ak04 <arun.san...@galileo.com>
Subject cvstagdiff -- rdiff with -kk option in ANT
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:53:39 GMT

Hi All,

I want to generate differences between two given tags (i.e. a start tag and
end tag).

Currently I'm using the following code in build.xml:

some code here
  <target name="-tagdiff" if="is.tag.type">
    <cvstagdiff
cvsRoot=":pserver:gigabuild@giga.repos-cvs.com:/mnt/cvs/cvsroot/${repository}"
                destfile="xml/${component}-diff.xml"
                package="${module}"
                startTag="${start.tag}"
                endTag="${end.tag}"
                passfile=".cvspass">
                <commandline>
                    <argument value="-kk"/>
                </commandline>
     </cvstagdiff>

out="report_${start.tag}_${end.tag}/${product}/${component}-diff.html"
               style="tagdiff.xsl">

  </target>

some code here

I'm getting an error mesg while running "ant" using this build.xml. It's
saying... unknown "-k" option.

Can't I use these lines:

               <commandline>
                    <argument value="-kk"/>
                </commandline>

with "cvstagdiff" ???

NOTE:

1) -kk option is used with rdiff command to ignore CVS's own variable while
comparing files with two diff versions i.e. it just checks changes if there
are any in the actual code body (instead of any CVS variable's expanded
value within the code's comment area).
2) Value for start.tag and end.tag are coming from a property file i.e.
build.properties
3) When I'm removing the above 3 lines, diff reports are generating good but
showing files has changes even if the changes are just due to CVS's own
variable expansion.
4) I have tried the same with --kk option too.

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks-

Brgds,
Arun Sangal