ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Sweeney <tony.swee...@springsource.com>
Subject Re: Allowing antlibs to contribute diagnostics & version info
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:24:47 GMT
Why not use '-V' for version, and '-v' for verbose (or vice versa)?
Perl and Python both do this (opposite ways round, as it happens).
Ruby uses '-v' for both (see man page); make and cc use '-v' for
version, awk and grep use '-V'; there's no existing 'standard', so
it's just a question of which way round.  If we're voting, my +1 would
be for '-V' -> version.

Tony.