ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Strange problem with taskdef and antlib.xml]
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:55:30 GMT
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008, Gilbert Rebhan <ant@schillbaer.de> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig schrieb:
>> I'm even more convinced that it is something with the ZIP archive
>> itself.
>
> hm ,works fine on two machines, but failed on a third one.
> all run with the same version of jdk, ant and the same OS

but different physical instances of the same jar file.

What does jar tf your-file.jar report - make sure to use the jar
command of the same JDK that you are using to run Ant as well.

> is there a difference between jar loading
> when
> a) taskdef with classpath path="..."
> b) taskdef with jar in %ANT_HOME%/lib

In a way, yes.  If it is in ANT_HOME/lib it will be loaded by a
different ClassLoader but should be using the same ZIP-reading
classes.

>>> btw. what's the meaning of =
>>> "oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree" ?
>>> simple words please ;-)
>>
>> and my only response "I have no idea" we get deeply into zlib.  If
>> you use the serach machine that is not a verb on that phrase you
>> will only find references to zlib or other code using zlib
>> internally to read a zip archive.
>
> i know it's not an ant bug but a java problem,

I hope I didn't sound like "go away".

> as the ProjectHelper* classes only use a simple InputStream, but i
> thought someone on that list could help, already came across the
> same problem.

Fair enough.  I've never faced that situation myself and am running
out of ideas, sorry.

Stefan