ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <>
Subject Re: Logging and synchronization
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:07:11 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <> wrote on 07/17/2008 04:01:34 AM:

> > I spent a lot of time & effort writing a thread-safe logger for our
> > own internal use.
> Sounds as if it was more painful than I had expected.

It's been quite a while, so my memory is a little hazy, but IIRC much of
the effort was expended around features that are specific to our own
Antlibs; if you strip out that code it's probably easier to do than I

It's going to take a while to get this contribution cleared through IBM's
IP attorneys, so don't expect to see anything for a few months.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
IBM WebSphere Application Server
WAS Release Engineering