ant-dev mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ejcirame...@upromise.com>
Subject Trying (and failing) to build the nightly snapshot
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:36:31 GMT
Hey guys - I'm struggling to build the nightly snapshot and I'm sure
this is a /palmface type problem.

During compilation, I get this:

Compiling 296 source files to
E:\buildtools\ant-nightly\ant\build\classes

E:\buildtools\ant-nightly\ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\opt
ional\depend\constantpool\ConstantPool.java:261: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo

location: class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.constantpool.ConstantPool

            if (element instanceof InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo) {

                                   ^

E:\buildtools\ant-nightly\ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\opt
ional\depend\constantpool\ConstantPool.java:262: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo

location: class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.constantpool.ConstantPool

                InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo interfaceMethodRefEntry

                ^

E:\buildtools\ant-nightly\ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\opt
ional\depend\constantpool\ConstantPool.java:263: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo

location: class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.constantpool.ConstantPool

                     = (InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo) element;

                        ^

E:\buildtools\ant-nightly\ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\opt
ional\depend\constantpool\ConstantPoolEntry.java:151: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo

location: class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.constantpool.ConstantPoolE
ntry

                cpInfo = new InterfaceMethodRefCPInfo();

                             ^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

4 errors

>From what I can tell, this class exists in the
optional.jar/ant-nodeps.jar (which doesn't exist because I haven't built
it yet).  How do I get around this?

P.S. - the link to the nightly builds doesn't point to anything:

http://ant.apache.org/nightlies.html

http://people.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/