ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy svn breaks ant-contrib svn
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:45:45 GMT
Just a wild guess, but maybe you could use IvyAntSettings again (like your original code was),
but instead of calling the execute method you can register it yourself as Reference in the
Project, something like:

IvyAntSettings settings = new IvyAntSettings();
settings.setXXX...
getProject().addReference(settingsId, settings);

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:13:10 PM
Subject: Re: Ivy svn breaks ant-contrib svn

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > setId is now setSettingsId on IvyConfigure, which is more in
> > > conformance with Ant, since we are not setting the id of the
> > > task, but of the underneath datatype.
> >
> > OK, what can ant-contrib do if it wants to compile against Ivy
> > 2.0.0beta2 and trunk with the same codebase?
>
> This is not straightforward, since we broke the API.

Right, that's why Gump finds it 8-)

Maybe you could throw in a deprecated setId() method that delegated to
setSettingsId()?  At least for the next beta so ant-contrib has a
stable base to work from without resorting to reflection.

I looked into the code to see what the id is used for.  It is later
used as the argument for IvyCacheFileset.setSettingsRef - this
wouldn't work with a reference to the task but would require a
reference to the settings, which now would exactly be what
setSettingsId creates, right?

Stefan