ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving Maven integration for Ivy resolvers
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:16:10 GMT
On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Hans Dockter <mail@dockter.biz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it would be really cool if Ivy were able to deploy ivy-generated
> poms out-of-the-box.
>
> I have the following design in mind for improving Maven integration of the
> Ivy resolvers.
>
> - Introduce an interface MavenAware which has methods like:
> -- setUsePom
> -- setMaven2Compatible
>
> I would be nice if any resolver shipped with Ivy would eventually implement
> this interface (right now the maven2compatible flag is a custom property of
> some resolvers only).
>
> Resolvers capable of publishing would generate a pom.xml and deploy it, if
> usePom is true. A resolver should be configurable in a way so that it either
> deploys an ivy.xml or a Maven pom or both.
>
> Does this makes sense?

I think it makes a lot of sense. This would bring some improvement request
to support better ivy file to maven pom conversion (it's pretty limited
ATM), but interoperability is an issue which has pretty high priority in
Ivy.

So I suggest you open a JIRA for that, and feel free to provide a patch if
you want to see this in 2.0, since we try to focus our development on the
last bug fixes before getting 2.0-RC1 out.

Xavier