ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Strange problem with taskdef and antlib.xml]
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:18:20 GMT
Stefan Bodewig schrieb:
> but different physical instances of the same jar file.

yes, of course

> What does jar tf your-file.jar report - make sure to use the jar
> command of the same JDK that you are using to run Ant as well.

i didn't try that, but wrote a test class that uses
an InputStream as ant does, wrote a test ant script
that uses
<taskdef resource="...">
  <classpath path="..."/>
</taskdef>

that runs on all machines. So finally i doubt, the
jar is corrupted. Therefore my question whether there's
a difference ...

but i'll try jar -tvf ...

>> is there a difference between jar loading
>> when
>> a) taskdef with classpath path="..."
>> b) taskdef with jar in %ANT_HOME%/lib
>
> In a way, yes.  If it is in ANT_HOME/lib it will be loaded by a
> different ClassLoader but should be using the same ZIP-reading
> classes.

In substance there should be no difference, after all it's
an InputStream

>> i know it's not an ant bug but a java problem,
> I hope I didn't sound like "go away".

No problem, i got the meaning :-)

>> as the ProjectHelper* classes only use a simple InputStream, but i
>> thought someone on that list could help, already came across the
>> same problem.
>
> Fair enough.  I've never faced that situation myself and am running
> out of ideas, sorry.

you hit the nail on the head, that's exactly how i feel ;-)

Regards, Gilbert