ant-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Improving Maven integration for Ivy resolvers
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 16:46:43 GMT
Hi,

I think it would be really cool if Ivy were able to deploy ivy-
generated poms out-of-the-box.

I have the following design in mind for improving Maven integration
of the Ivy resolvers.

- Introduce an interface MavenAware which has methods like:
-- setUsePom
-- setMaven2Compatible

I would be nice if any resolver shipped with Ivy would eventually
implement this interface (right now the maven2compatible flag is a
custom property of some resolvers only).

Resolvers capable of publishing would generate a pom.xml and deploy
it, if usePom is true. A resolver should be configurable in a way so
that it either deploys an ivy.xml or a Maven pom or both.

Does this makes sense?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter