ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Strange problem with taskdef and antlib.xml]
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:21:40 GMT
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Gilbert Rebhan <ant@schillbaer.de> wrote:

> Error reading project file
> jar:file:/E:/SCM_Sync/tools/ant/lib/hukit13ant.jar!/de/huk/it13/ant/antl
> ib.xml: oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree

sounds like an encoding issue, I agree.

> whereas other scripts running with the same line
> <taskdef resource="de/.../.../ant/antlib.xml">
> and the same jar run fine as before.

Are the other scripts using the same Java VM?  I've found Sun's JVMs
to be more forgiving than IBM's for example (Websphere challenged 8-).

> I checked the antlib.xml for non UTF-8 chars and things like that,
> but didn't find any.

Is there any more information you could provide (like the actual
exception being thrown)?  It could be the ZIP reading library as
well.  Hmm,
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4188883> suggest
problems with the archive rather than the XML file.

Stefan