ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: NullPointerException during build file (1.7.1beta)
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:42:05 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, tdakanalisw <> wrote:

> unfortunately I cannot run the task outside of a J2EE container. Is
> there any way to use the fixed class ?

You can manually patch Ant (see
<>) or build Ant
from trunk - no other way.

> Important: The problem is that when I run the ant build in the
> eclipse platform everything are ok but when I run the same come as
> part of an application in the geronimo application server I get a
> NullPointerExeption error.

Yes.  Something inside your huge stack of software involved -
Geronimo, Jetty, Axis2 or your custom Ant task - adds something to the
system properties that has not a String value (i.e. they abuse the
methods Properies inherits from Hashtable and in a way violate the
contract of the Properties classe).  Ant is not (has not been)
prepared for this abuse and thus fails.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message