ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: New Task: Debian packaging with jdeb
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:38:19 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Emmanuel Bourg <> wrote:

> Just curious, is Ant accepting new core tasks nowadays.

Probably, if something really is a core concern (say a new tool
becoming part of a more recent JDK).

For something like jdeb it would be unlikely since it is very
specific.  We do accept new Ant library projects, though

> jdeb might be a useful addition when it's mature enough to
> complement the existing rpm task.

I'd rather move the rpm task out of core and into a separate AntLib
(which is true for a lot of tasks that make up an Ant distribution).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message