ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Fuller" <>
Subject Re: Adding magic properties for targets?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:13:15 GMT
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
> Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> I'd add that those properties, if made available, should probably be
>> prefixed with ant., to make it clear they are "built-in". Perhaps:
>> ant.default-target
>> ant.targets-invoked
>> I'm +0 on adding these "static" properties.
>> Since we're at it, we may also want to expose ant.current-target and
>> ant.invoked-target properties, but these are "dynamic" since changing
>> during the course of the build, so more problematic given the property
>> immutability rules. Exposing them via a PropertyHelper to made it
>> clear they are dynamic perhaps? ${dynamic:ant.current-target}...
> That could be very good. I'm happier with that than using something that
> looks like an existing property and could easily stamp on existing
> properties

wouldn't it be great if property names were qnames and then we could do

though I do not think the default namespace e.g. is wholly appropriate as it concerns
itself with ant libraries.

I know ant doesn't fully subscribe to all things xml ... but there
maybe benefits to not reinventing things.

my 2czk,

cheers, Jim Fuller

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: