ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:18:13 GMT
I have tried to download the files, but cannot find your home dir.
Can you please post the entire URL?

Van: Nicolas Lalevée []
Verzonden: wo 18-6-2008 18:42
Onderwerp: [VOTE] Release of Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1

I am pleased to announce that I have a version of IvyDE ready to be released.
You will find the files in my home directory on

About the released files:
two files are classic release files:
* the source distribution.
  it includes every files which is needed to build that distribution
* the binary distribution.
  it includes the files ready to be deployed into an Eclipse install

Then there are the files deployed into the IvyDE update site. First few words
on the update site. It will deployed at the URL:
Then, the files that will be effectively there, so in
* the site.xml: discribe the deployed features
* the the compress manifest of every features (optimized eclipse
update site)
* eclipse-update--xml.cgi and eclipse-update--xml.html: the files that defines
the apache mirrors for Eclipse.
And the binary files packaged for the updatesite (the jar and jar.pack.gz)
will be in the apache dist directory. More precisely the plugins and features
directories and all of their files will be in dist/ant/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/

One note on the packaging of Ivy as an Eclipse updatable plug-in. Due to two
bugs in the packaging of Ivy (IVY-828,IVY-802), a repackaging is needed. The
repackaging I have done can be reproduced with the target install-ivy. It is
based on the official 2.0.0.beta2 release.

If you want to reproduce the build, just do:
ant /release dist -DbaseLocation=$YOUR_ECLIPSE_HOME

If you want to test the update site, just get locally the "updatesite"
directory from the release, and in Eclipse, setup a "local site" that point
to your local copy of the "updatesite" directory.

About verifying the signatures, you will find mine there:
But I am not sure how to update the KEYS file. I have found how to append my
public key:
(gpg --list-sigs <your name> && gpg --armor --export <your name>) >>
But then should I just re-copy it into /www/ on ? There is no commit or whatever, right ?

Last but not least, your vote:
+1 : you agree with the release
+0 : you agree but the next release should contain some fixes
-1 : you don't agree, there is a blocker issue with the release

so +1 for me (non binding)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this

View raw message