ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <erik-berndt.sche...@sogeti.nl>
Subject [ivy] Ivy:install task from download.dev.java.net
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:47:40 GMT
Hi,

I have an issue installing jars and their dependencies from download.dev.java.net
The problem is that they use a URL layout that does not conform to the standard m2 spec.

E.g. for the jaxb implementation, I find the parts I need in three directories:

http://download.java.net/maven/1/com.sun.xml.bind/poms/
http://download.java.net/maven/1/com.sun.xml.bind/jars/
http://download.java.net/maven/1/com.sun.xml.bind/java-sources/

I can use

    <ibiblio  name="java.net"
          root="${ibiblio-java-net-root}"
          m2compatible="false"
          namespace="maven2.java.net"
          pattern="[organisation]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
           />

which appears to work, but does not download the poms and their transitive dependencies because
m2compatible=false. This is ugly, because it leads to ivy-files missing dependencies.

I cannot use
    <ibiblio  name="java.net"
          root="${ibiblio-java-net-root}"
          m2compatible="true"
          namespace="maven2.java.net"
          pattern="[organisation]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]" -->
           />
because it splits the organisation (which equals to com.sun.xml.bind) then looks inside http://download.java.net/maven/1/com/sun/xml/bind/poms/
(which conforms to the m2-spec, instead of http://download.java.net/maven/1/com.sun.xml.bind/poms/
where the poms reside.

What does work, but what don't like very much is:
    <ibiblio  name="java.net"
          root="${ibiblio-java-net-root}"
          m2compatible="false"
          namespace="maven2.java.net"
           pattern="[branch]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]" -->
          />

together with ivy.settings.xml

  <module organisation="com.sun.xml.bind" name="*" branch="com.sun.xml.bind" resolver="java.net.resolver"/>

The advantage is that everything is now downloaded fine, but the ivy file contains the branch
(even though there is no branch).

Is there a preferred solution for this problem, should I file a change request to include
an attribute to the ibiblio resolver specifically for download.java.net?  Or would an extra
resolver based on the m2-resolver be more appropriate?

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

Disclaimer:
of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message.