ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy documentation patch IVY-847
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:26:45 GMT
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Sakari A. Maaranen <sam@iki.fi> wrote:

> I posted some Ivy documentation improvements in JIRA issue IVY-847
> <url:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-847>. However, as this
> was my first svn patch contribution, I'm not sure if I got the issue
> type, priority, etc. right. Or should it be a RTC request? How does it
> proceed from here?

Issue type and priority are fine. The affect version does not need to list
that many versions, I think listing the latest 2.x version (currently
2.0.0-beta2) is enough.

About the patch itself, it's very good! Just two minor things:
- the patch reference a png file, but you've attached only the odg file,
hence the committer has to export the odg to png. It would be better to
provide both the original odg and the exported png.
- for links, you can use xooki syntax instead of html:
 * [[full/page/id]], eg [[configuration/caches]] will be converted into <a
href="[doc root]/configuration/caches.html>caches</a> (the text is the title
of the page)
 * for links to Ivy tasks, there's even a more specific syntax:
[[ant:taskname]] eg [[ant:deliver]]

> I might contribute more documentation soon, if all is well with this
> first baby.

Go ahead, this kind of patch is more than welcome!

Xavier