ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:18:34 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <>

> Hi,
> I am pleased to announce that I have a version of IvyDE ready to be
> released.
> You will find the files in my home directory on
> /home/hibou/ivyde-release
> About the released files:
> two files are classic release files:
> * the source distribution.
>  it includes every files which is needed to build that distribution
> * the binary distribution.
>  it includes the files ready to be deployed into an Eclipse install
> Then there are the files deployed into the IvyDE update site. First few
> words
> on the update site. It will deployed at the URL:
> Then, the files that will be effectively there, so in
> * the site.xml: discribe the deployed features
> * the the compress manifest of every features (optimized
> eclipse
> update site)
> * eclipse-update--xml.cgi and eclipse-update--xml.html: the files that
> defines
> the apache mirrors for Eclipse.
> And the binary files packaged for the updatesite (the jar and jar.pack.gz)
> will be in the apache dist directory. More precisely the plugins and
> features
> directories and all of their files will be in
> dist/ant/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/
> One note on the packaging of Ivy as an Eclipse updatable plug-in. Due to
> two
> bugs in the packaging of Ivy (IVY-828,IVY-802), a repackaging is needed.
> The
> repackaging I have done can be reproduced with the target install-ivy. It
> is
> based on the official 2.0.0.beta2 release.
> If you want to reproduce the build, just do:
> ant /release dist -DbaseLocation=$YOUR_ECLIPSE_HOME
> If you want to test the update site, just get locally the "updatesite"
> directory from the release, and in Eclipse, setup a "local site" that point
> to your local copy of the "updatesite" directory.
> About verifying the signatures, you will find mine there:
> But I am not sure how to update the KEYS file. I have found how to append
> my
> public key:
> (gpg --list-sigs <your name> && gpg --armor --export <your name>)
> But then should I just re-copy it into /www/
> ? There is no commit or whatever, right ?
> Last but not least, your vote:
> +1 : you agree with the release
> +0 : you agree but the next release should contain some fixes
> -1 : you don't agree, there is a blocker issue with the release

Good job Nicolas! I've made some tests, and I have a couple of comments:
1) the sources distribution is not building, bacause the
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file is missing in org.apache.ivyde.eclipse
2) I've tested both deploying the feature manually and with the update site
and it works well. However, there's something strange happening: I don't see
the Ivy entry in the project properties. Therefore I can't change the ivyde
settings per project.

So I'd prefer to fix these issues before making this release public. If
point #2 is not a blocking issue for an alpha release. #1 is more a problem