ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Issue 45190 and Ant 1.7.1
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:28:18 GMT
I understand the sentiment, but the implication is that our releases are
always identical to our betas. AFAIR we have never had that policy before.

The benefit to doing that is that we know we haven't added code that
hasn't been through an adequate release cycle, no matter how trivial a
change might be.

The downside, though, is that only really serious bugs tend to get
addressed during a beta cycle, because people naturally want to minimize
the number of betas that are released.

If we want to go that way, we should probably have a vote on it, IMHO.