ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:37:50 GMT

Le 27 juin 08 à 21:02, Kirby Files a écrit :

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce that I have a version of IvyDE ready to be
>> released.
>> You will find the files in my home directory on people.apache.org
>> /home/hibou/ivyde-release
>
> I tried out this release, and it no longer seemed to automatically
> find an
> ivysettings.xml file in my project (in the top-level directory). I
> had to
> manually configure IvyDE with my settings file. Is this a deliberate
> change?
> It was nice to be able to just check a project out of source control
> and
> immediately have everything working.

I have just retested, it works fine for me.
You should check that in the path of the ivysettings in the global
configuration is blank, and that in the local configuration of your
project you have not selected the "Enable project specific settings"

> Also, is there any plan to add a CleanCache action to the IvyDE
> context
> menu? Especially since Ivy caches "negative" information (for
> instance, if
> my repository web server is down, it caches the non-existence of each
> artifact on that server -- once the web server is back up, the only
> way to
> make it resolve is to clean the cache from the command line).

nothing planed about it, but it is a great idea that you should add in
the Jira :)

thanks for testing,
Nicolas