ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiny patch to enable Recursion in Ant
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 04:40:04 GMT
sorry for the delay, a combination of a whole lot of work, a broken
iBook, very nice weather and severe back pain (not necessarily in that
order) have kept me offline.

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Colm Smyth <lateralcoder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I used subant, but as I said, it can't recurse on the current
> target.
>
> Since recursion should be a core function of a hierarchical build
> system, I think this patch is worth adding to Ant.

First of all your original mail didn't contain the patch itself.

Second you said you used ant-contrib's for and I pointed out that
subant should be enough.  The only thing that's missing is a property
that knows the current target, isn't it?

I know we have rejected the idea of such a property in the past, but
we may be at a different point today, so if you open an enhancement
request for such a property (or find the old one and reopen it), that
would e the right place to attach a patch to enable it.

Stefan