ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting up Eclipse update site
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 15:43:58 GMT
On Wed, 28 May 2008, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a few thing to take into considerations :
>
> 1. An eclipse update site must provide a site map page [1] that has
> to change when a new version come.  2. The site map give the
> possibility to reference an other file that contains a list of
> mirrors.
>
> So, we have to choose what we want to archive and mirror :
> - The jars
> - The site.xml
> - The mirror file
>
> I guess that we should mirror the jars,

absolutely.

> but I'm not sure about the site.xml and the page that list the
> mirrors.

If we make the page that lists the mirrors a CGI on the site (just
like the downloadpages) we might be fine.

Will Eclipse use the mirrors of that list or is it a user choice?  If
it is a user choice then the main page should be a CGI as well and
point to the mirrored jars so that Eclipse users would be forced to do
something explicitly if they want to download the jars from
apache.org.

Stefan