ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Ivy] How to add a new option to ivy settings
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 18:46:27 GMT
I suggest you do the following:

1. create a JIRA issue for this
2. modify BasicURLHandler.java to always set the modification date on the downloaded file
3. check if this change has the effect you wanted
4. if test results are ok, attach a patch to your JIRA issue for BasicURLHandler.java

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Claudio Miranda <claudio@claudius.com.br>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:31:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Ivy] How to add a new option to ivy settings

    Hey guys, thank you for your suggestions.

    I started to better understand Ivy 2 days ago, and I have no knowledge
about how to read those configurations.

    Can you show me some code or guidance on how to better acomplish this
task ?
    I have already modified XmlModuleDescriptorParser and ModuleDescriptor
implementation (I will do the same to the interface).

Thanks

Claudio Miranda

Xavier Hanin wrote:

> As Gilles suggested, I'd better put that in settings, which is also much
> easier to add (you only need a setter on the resolver to recognize an
> attribute for the resolver in the settings file, pretty much like how Ant
> tasks work). Still to do what you want in the ivy file you have to modify
> XmlModuleDescriptorParser, the ModuleDescriptor interface and its default
> implementation.

-----
Claudio Miranda
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/claudio