ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Including builder resolver in ivy
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 11:40:20 GMT

Le 6 mai 08 à 18:43, Archie Cobbs a écrit :

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> I'd like to propose that the new "builder" resolver be included in
>>> ivy.
>> In
>>> order to do this however, other developers need to vote yes or no.
>>> So
>> I'd
>>> ask that you please let the list know your opinion.
>>
>> The only thing I dislike with this resolver is its name. The
>> 'builder'
>> name
>> makes people think this resolver compiles modules, while it just
>> repackage
>> them if necessary. Hence I prefer to use another name.
>>

> Another possible name that might better convey what it does is
> "Extractor
> Resolver".
>
> I don't really have any strong preference on the name though.

 From the IvyRoundUp documentation:
Athough named the "builder" resolver, the only build operations
currently supported are extracting files from archives, packaging
files into archives, and moving and copying files. In the future more
general build operations may be supported, once appropriate security
controls are in place.

So I would say that it is *packaging* modules into an Ivy publishable
structure. A packaging process that can, for some module just do some
copy, jar and unjar, and for others some possible call to javac.

Then I am in favor of renaming it PackagerResolver.

Nicolas