ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FailureRecorder problems in Gump
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:19:48 GMT
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> The strange thing is that even the oldest version of
> JUnit4TestCaseFacade[3] I can find contains such a constructor.

http://junit.cvs.sourceforge.net/junit/junit/junit/framework/JUnit4TestCaseFacade.java?hideattic=0&revision=1.2&view=markup
seems to be the version from JUnit 4.0 'till 4.2, doesn't have a
String-arg constructor either.

Since most of us are running Ant's tests against JUnit 3 (at least I
do when testing locally), we've probably not seen the task break on
JUnit4.

The root of the problem probably is that FailureRecorder expects the
Test instance passed into addFailure to be an instance of the class
under test - something that isn't true for JUnit4 wrapped tests in
Ant.

Stefan