ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is our objective for 2.0 too ambitious?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:17:03 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, what do you think? Shall we reconsider our objective for 2.0,
> and retarget some of the issues for a 2.0.x?

Comments from the peanut gallery:

There are certain categories of bugs that you can't really re-target,
those that would require API (both Java and XML) changes or those that
are critical and break existing use-cases of Ivy 1.x.

Then there are "nice-to-have" features or "can-be-worked-around" bugs.

You'll probably never get to any final release without accepting that
it will ship with issues of the later category.  Fix those of the
first category and call the result final, probably is the best way
forward.

Stefan