ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is our objective for 2.0 too ambitious? (was Re: Ivy 2.0 planning)
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:07:38 GMT
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/04/2008, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > But how do we know that the issue priority has been reviewed,
> especially if
> >  > it doesn't change?
> >

> > ha, good point :)
> >

> Maybe updating the target release...  Using the release 2.0-RC1 and
> creating a new release named 'later'.

This is the easiest thing to do, it doesn't require changing the workflow.
BTW, instead of creating a release named 'later', we can simply use the
"Unknown" entry, which let issues appear as "unscheduled" in Ivy page on
JIRA.

If I sumup the proposal is that any committer can review any issue currently
marked with fix for 2.0, change its priority if required, and change the fix
for to 2.0-RC1 if the priority is blocker or critical, and Unknown if the
priority is lower. All issues will be considered reviewed once there's no
more issue with fix for 2.0.

Do we all agree to use this strategy?

Xavier