ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7.1beta available
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:09:08 GMT
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've uploaded a signed complete distribution of 1.7.1beta to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kevj/ant/ant-1.7.1beta.tar.gz

I'm sorry I didn't catch this earlier but we seem to be in conflict
with the policies of which license or notice information should go
into which file.

My current understanding (from hanging out on the ASF's legal mailing
list, not from actually understanding any legalese, much less US
legalese) is that all licenses of all stuff we ship must go into the
LICENSE file while all notices need to go into the one and only NOTICE
file.

I've started to make the 1.7 branch compliant to my interpretation and
will also clean up a few files RAT complains about.  I hope to be done
by the time my lunch break is over 8-)

Since we don't distribute JUnit (neither in the binary nor the source
distro) I've moved its license next to the jar.

You'll need to create new archives, I'm afraid.

Stefan