ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query regarding antcall task
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:04:23 GMT
Hi Vishal,

this sort of question should better be asked on the user list.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Vishal Kamat <vishalkamat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I came to know that with antcall task, the dependencies get
> executed even though it ran before.

True.  Think of <antcall> as starting a new instance of Ant on your
build file that doesn't have any idea of which targets have already
been executed in your current instance of Ant.

> For example below, the target "B" gets executed 3 times (ideally it
> should only once). Is there a way to handle this?

Don't use <antcall>, in your example <macrodef> what buildJar does and
use that.

Stefan