ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:36:40 GMT
Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will be available
publicly. Anything to change?

-----------8<-------------
Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
2.0.0 beta 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
users to try it out. This version is already providing a good stability and
robustness. API and features are still subject to change though.

Key features of the 2.0.0-beta2 release are
* enhanced Maven2 compatibility, with a fully rewritten pom parser
* improved cache management, including dynamic revision caching
  with fine grain TTL
* namespace aware validation, allowing to use validation with
  extra attributes
* easier settings loading, which do not require an id anymore
* numerous bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.0.0-beta2 release files at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-beta2 release mgr)

Xavier