ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:37:21 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will be available
> publicly. Anything to change?
>
> -----------8<-------------
> Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
> 2.0.0 beta 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.
>
> Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
> reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
> configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.
>
> The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
> users to try it out. This version is already providing a good stability and
> robustness. API and features are still subject to change though.

Change to

------------

This is a beta release, for wide testing with users. Problems found
at this phase can be fixed in the final release, so now is a good time to
download and use it. Although there may be some changes at
the API level, it is already being in production builds in many large Java
projects.

As
  -you want to give people a big reason to test now (get your bugs fixed)
  -reassure it is in use. Certainly we use the alphas at work.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/