ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Tasks in parallel
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:19:21 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Vijay Aravamudhan <> wrote:

> Consider the scenario where the file transfer takes a long time:
> would it be a good idea to have the copy/scp/ftp tasks create
> different threads for each file?

There is no built-in support for anything like this in Ant, no.

I could imagine that we'd add a patch that enabled optional (on
user-demand) parallel behavior for these tasks.  Personally I see the
point for the network transfer kind of tasks, but wouldn't want it on
copy, but that may be my experience with a very slow disk in my

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message