ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit task enhancement
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:27:09 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Vijay Aravamudhan <avijayr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's my suggestion/request: could you please provide a new
> attribute suiteClass' where the user can then specify the class to
> be instantiated for the implementation of the junit TestSuite? This
> could default to the default TestSuite class from junit if not
> specified.
>
> If there is a different way to accomplish this with the current
> release of ant - please reply.

Ant will only use TestSuite if it is not running JUnit4 and the test
class doesn't have a static suite() method.  So one way to accomplish
it would be to provide a suite() of your own - and probably stop using
batchtest completely.

Given that we wrap the individual test classes in a JUnit4TestAdapter
the pluggable TestSuite wouldn't help with JUnit4.

IIRC we've had a few bug reports against our reporting infrastructure
by people who ran several tests in parallel that we addressed, but I
wouldn't be surprised if there were still some issues with specific
test listeners.

Stefan