ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sandor" <adi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] release Ivy 2.0.0-beta2?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:35:29 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:

> The cache element under the caches element is parsed automatically using
> the
> same logic as Ant tasks, using the Configurator class. At the beginning of
> the XmlSettingsParser class you have an array of configuration elements,
> including caches, which tells Ivy should auto configure the children. Then
> there'sa typdef.properties making the mapping between the "cache" element
> name and the DefaultRepositoryCacheManager class. But I suggest putting a
> breakpoint in the setName of this class and run a unit test doing some
> settings loading with cache related information, you'll better see what's
> happening.

Oh, I see now. It's a bit like Spring beans defined in xml.
I wonder why not all elements are parsed/configured in the same way. The
behavior is different too, e.g. undocumented attributes on the "caches"
element are ignored, but on the "cache" element they cause various errors.
<cache settings="your dog"/> is particularly interesting.
Anyway, thanks and sorry for the confusion :)

Adrian