ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sandor" <adi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] release Ivy 2.0.0-beta2?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:18:15 GMT
On Feb 10, 2008 4:52 PM, Xavier Hanin wrote:

> We have made good progress on Ivy trunk, and I think it's close to be a
> good
> time to release 2.0.0 beta 2. So, do you see anything blocking before
> cutting this release? Anything you would like to see in? Any pending
> change
> that would deserve to wait?

Well, nothing critical, but I've been quite shocked by the changes in the
cache management:
- 3 tags for cache configuration: settings, caches and cache
- inconsistent/confusing attributes on the settings tag: defaultCache and
resolutionCacheDir - different naming styles although they're both
directories; and both of them specify the resolution cache but defaultCache
also specifies the repository cache?
- some confusion between "defaultCache" on settings, "default" on caches,
and "default-cache"
- ivy and artifact patterns everywhere

I managed to work it out (using only one cache, thank you very much!), but I
really think this stuff can be greatly improved, at least by moving/merging
all the cache-related attributes from "settings" to "caches" and giving them
better names. "cache" tags could be ok as they are now.
If there are legacy compatibility requirements, the old-style attributes can
still be supported but deprecated.

Regards,
Adrian