ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sandor" <adi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ivy resolver bug
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:35:28 GMT
Argh, this list server is driving me crazy, screwing up my emails like that.
Let's see if it likes gmail better. Resending:
> Not sure what you mean by complete binary.

I mean a jar ready to use, just like the ivy-2.0.0-beta1.jar included in the
binary download.

> Calling "ant jar" creates ivy.jar in build/artifacts/jars/ and copy it
with an eclipse bundle name in
> build/artifacts/. That's all you should need, and this is documented on
the
> download page, in the build from source section.

I see that now, but everything I tried with the ant build script ended up
with this:
/mnt/tc/workspace/ivy-trunk/build.xml:50: ivy:settings doesn't support the
"override" attribute

> Is there something missing? Any detail on why you fumbled to build the
jar?

Well, there was no .classpath, no jars (dependencies), and no instructions
included. Even after I downloaded the jars with IvyDE, I got hundreds of
errors in the unit tests, such as:
Implicit super constructor TestCase() is not visible for default
constructor. Must define an explicit constructor
Probably a bad junit version?

Anyway, even now, I'm still unable to build a jar. I just ran
org.apache.ivy.Main from eclipse.

Adrian
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>