ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sandor <adi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ivy errors with sftp resolver and revision ranges
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:37:00 GMT
Hi, I have an sftp resolver in ivysettings.xml, and some dependencies with revision ranges,
e.g:
<dependency org="org.slf4j" name="slf4j" rev="[1.4.3,)" conf="...

Then when I resolve it, it works fine, but it also outputs an error for each such dependency,
e.g:
Illegal character in path at index 45: /usr/local/foobar/ivy/shared/org.slf4j/slf4j/[1.4.3,)/ivy.xml
The uri is in the wrong format.
Please use scheme://user:pass@hostname/path/to/repository

I guess it tries to use the range as an exact revision first, without checking the characters.
It should either encode them appropriately, or not try to use the range string as an exact
revision.
It looks like the problem happens when AbstractSshBasedRepository.parseURI tries to create
a URI - a URISyntaxException is thrown.

Adrian

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs