ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 Release (second attempt)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:41:20 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > I have built a second release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-beta2.
> >
> > Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
> >
> Well, I don't really have time to test it; however I noticed 2 issues
> with the current code from svn:
> - [Error] :43:30: cos-nonambig: "":license and WC[##any] (or elements
> from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution".
> During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for
> those two particles.
> (not sure what this is about)

Interesting, this probably due to the xs:any we have added in the info tag
definition in our xsd. Adding a namespace="##other" to the xs:any to tell
the parser that any element *from other namespace* is allowed should fix the
problem. Could you open an issue in JIRA?
I don't think it's a blocking issue for a beta though.

> - in SFTPRepository, the list method hides exceptions ("silent fail,
> return null listing"), making it very difficult to debug problems; after
> adding a printStackTrace, I found out it's an "Auth fail"

This is only a beta, so as long as this is not a strong regression, I'm fine
with this kind of problem. Please open an issue in JIRA if this one is not
reported yet.

Xavier