ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] release Ivy 2.0.0-beta2?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:35:20 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> Le mercredi 20 février 2008, Gilles Scokart a écrit :
> > Will we release only ivy or also ivyde ?
>
> This would be a good idea, but I don't think IvyDE is ready to be
> released.
> IVYDE-70 fix an anoying bug but also change the way the configuration is
> stored, so it should be included in the next release. But due to the fact
> that it is a quite big internal change, I will be confident to do a
> release
> only after at least a week of use with the fix.
> There is also IVYDE-77 which should be investigated before the release.
>
> So I would say that an IvyDE release should not happened in the next one
> or
> two weeks.

This sounds reasonable to me. Moreover, since it will be our very first
release of IvyDE within the ASF, we will have several things to do/fix:
check licenses on all files, check/improve the packaging and releasing
process, maybe setup an update site (if this is something that can be done
in the ASF).

So I think releasing IvyDE still requires some work and time, and delaying
Ivy release to release both together wouldn't be a good idea for this time.

Xavier