ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ivy resolver bug
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:49:30 GMT
On Feb 9, 2008 10:35 AM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Argh, this list server is driving me crazy, screwing up my emails like
> that.
> Let's see if it likes gmail better. Resending:
> > Not sure what you mean by complete binary.
>
> I mean a jar ready to use, just like the ivy-2.0.0-beta1.jar included in
> the
> binary download.
>
> > Calling "ant jar" creates ivy.jar in build/artifacts/jars/ and copy it
> with an eclipse bundle name in
> > build/artifacts/. That's all you should need, and this is documented on
> the
> > download page, in the build from source section.
>
> I see that now, but everything I tried with the ant build script ended up
> with this:
> /mnt/tc/workspace/ivy-trunk/build.xml:50: ivy:settings doesn't support the
> "override" attribute

Check the list archive or JIRA, others have already complained about that
very recently, the problem is most probably due to another version of Ivy in
your ant lib.

> > Is there something missing? Any detail on why you fumbled to build the
> jar?
>
> Well, there was no .classpath, no jars (dependencies), and no instructions
> included.

.classpath is for eclipse only, but I think we have instructions for
building with eclipse on the developer doc I pointed out. You first need to
generate .classpath from Ant, and that's pretty much all.

Even after I downloaded the jars with IvyDE, I got hundreds of
> errors in the unit tests, such as:
> Implicit super constructor TestCase() is not visible for default
> constructor. Must define an explicit constructor
> Probably a bad junit version?

Probably.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/