ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change alwaysCheckExactRevision default value (was Re: Ivy errors with sftp resolver and revision ranges)
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:30:18 GMT
On Feb 8, 2008 2:41 PM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, this is very interesting.
> I found and added <property name="ivy.default.always.check.exact.revision"
> value="false"/> to ivysettings.xml and the problem is solved.
> I see that this is actually documented (together with
> alwaysCheckExactRevision), but I had missed it in the middle of all those
> options.
> I also think it would make sense to make it false by default.
> By the way, it would be nice to have a page listing all the possible
> ivy.blah.blah properties/variables with their meaning, default values and
> ways to override them.

Yes, it would be a nice improvement to the documentation, we usually point
people to the default properties file loaded:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/ivy/core/settings/ivy.properties

With some documentation in the properties file I guess it would be mostly
enough (and always up to date).

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/