ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Change alwaysCheckExactRevision default value (was Re: Ivy errors with sftp resolver and revision ranges)
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:12:57 GMT
It happens quite frequently that people report this kind of problem, I think
Maarten you fixed something about that, but I think it would make sense to
change the default value of alwaysCheckExactRevision to false, because I
think most of the time people don't want Ivy to check the revision as asked
when it's a dynamic revision.

So, does anybody see any problem with changing the default value to false ?

Xavier

On Feb 8, 2008 1:37 PM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have an sftp resolver in ivysettings.xml, and some dependencies with
> revision ranges, e.g:
> <dependency org="org.slf4j" name="slf4j" rev="[1.4.3,)" conf="...
>
> Then when I resolve it, it works fine, but it also outputs an error for
> each such dependency, e.g:
> Illegal character in path at index 45:
> /usr/local/foobar/ivy/shared/org.slf4j/slf4j/[1.4.3,)/ivy.xml
> The uri is in the wrong format.
> Please use scheme://user:pass@hostname/path/to/repository
>
> I guess it tries to use the range as an exact revision first, without
> checking the characters. It should either encode them appropriately, or not
> try to use the range string as an exact revision.
> It looks like the problem happens when AbstractSshBasedRepository.parseURItries to create
a URI - a URISyntaxException is thrown.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/