ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adrian Sandor <adi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ivy resolver bug
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:14:28 GMT
Hi, I changed the dependency to "*->@" and I'm having exactly the same problem.
I find % convenient because I can easily add or remove mappings before it; when it's the only
one, it seems to behave like * (as I expect).
So anyway, % is not the problem.
By the way, if I change the mapping of the second dependency in "test", from "conf2->compile"
to "conf1->compile", it is resolved successfully.

Thanks
Adrian

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:22:55 PM
Subject: Re: Possible Ivy resolver bug


I 
guess 
the 
problem 
scomes 
from 
the 
conf 
mapping 
you 
have 
in 
c:
<dependency 
org="test" 
name="b" 
rev="1" 
conf="%->@"/>

The 
'%' 
is 
used 
to 
mean 
all 
other 
configurations, 
when 
you 
start 
by 
mapping
other 
configurations. 
If 
you 
have 
only 
one 
conf 
mapping, 
it 
has 
no 
meaning,
you 
should 
use 
'*' 
instead.

That 
being 
said, 
we 
can 
consider 
this 
as 
a 
bug, 
since 
we 
should 
either 
raise
an 
error 
or 
behave 
like 
a 
'*' 
in 
this 
case. 
If 
you 
can 
confirm 
your 
problem
comes 
from 
this 
mapping, 
you 
can 
open 
an 
issue 
with 
the 
same 
kind 
of 
details
you 
provided 
here.

Xavier

On 
Feb 
6, 
2008 
1:05 
AM, 
Adrian 
Sandor 
<aditsu@yahoo.com> 
wrote:

> 
Hi, 
it 
looks 
like 
the 
bz2 
attachment 
was 
removed; 
I 
uploaded 
it 
to
> 
http://aditsu.net/test.tar.bz2
> 
Also, 
I 
just 
realized 
this 
is 
a 
general 
Ant 
dev 
list, 
I 
should 
make 
it
> 
clearer 
that 
I'm 
talking 
about 
Ivy.
>
> 
Adrian
>
> 
----- 
Original 
Message 
----
> 
From: 
Adrian 
Sandor 
<aditsu@yahoo.com>
> 
To: 
dev@ant.apache.org
> 
Sent: 
Wednesday, 
February 
6, 
2008 
7:57:02 
AM
> 
Subject: 
Possible 
resolver 
bug
>
>
> 
Hi, 
I'm 
using 
ivy-2.0.0-beta1, 
and 
I 
think 
I 
found 
a 
bug 
in 
the 
resolver.
> 
I 
have 
a 
custom 
repository, 
containing 
the 
stuff 
in 
the 
attached
> 
test.tar.bz2, 
and 
trying 
to 
resolve 
the 
attached 
ivy.xml.
> 
The 
result 
is 
an 
unresolved 
dependency: 
"test#b;1: 
configuration(s) 
not
> 
found 
in 
test#b;1: 
default. 
It 
was 
required 
from 
test#c;1 
compile"
> 
I 
tried 
to 
debug 
it, 
but 
didn't 
get 
very 
far. 
Apparently, 
becuase 
"a"
> 
doesn't 
have 
an 
ivy 
file, 
it 
is 
resolved 
as 
"default", 
and 
that 
somehow 
gets
> 
added 
to 
the 
confs 
to 
fetch 
for 
"b", 
I 
don't 
understand 
why.
> 
Can 
you 
investigate?
>
> 
Thanks
> 
Adrian
>
>
>
> 
-----Inline 
Attachment 
Follows-----
>
> 
<ivy-module
> 
version="2.0"
> 
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>
>
> 
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
>
> 
<info
> 
organisation="test"
> 
module="test"/>
>
> 
<configurations>
>
>
> 
<conf
> 
name="conf1"/>
>
>
> 
<conf
> 
name="conf2"/>
>
> 
</configurations>
>
> 
<dependencies>
>
>
> 
<dependency
> 
org="test"
> 
name="a"
> 
rev="1"
> 
conf="conf1->*"/>
>
>
> 
<dependency
> 
org="test"
> 
name="c"
> 
rev="1"
> 
conf="conf2->compile"/>
>
> 
</dependencies>
> 
</ivy-module>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
____________________________________________________________________________________
> 
Never 
miss 
a 
thing.  
Make 
Yahoo 
your 
home 
page.
> 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
>



-- 
Xavier 
Hanin 
- 
Independent 
Java 
Consultant
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/






      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message