ant-dev mailing list archives

From Vijay Aravamudhan <avij...@gmail.com>
Subject Tasks in parallel
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:36:15 GMT
hi,
I know that there is already a parallel task. But...

We have a build file which goes something like this:

<fileset refid="foo">
    <include..../>
</fileset>
<copy todir="blah">
    <fileset id="foo"/>
</copy>

(I have omitted the unnecessary bits for this example)

Consider the scenario where the file transfer takes a long time: would
it be a good idea to have the copy/scp/ftp tasks create different
threads for each file? I know I can separate the fileset into individual
files and then create multiple copy commands that are wrapped inside a
parallel task. But that defeats the purpose of defining the fileset in
the first place. What do you think?

thanks,
Vijay