ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.7.1 - Beta Vote
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:07:41 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> Kevin Jackson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As I mentioned previously (although I'm a couple of days late).
>>
>> I'd like to release a beta of 1.7.1 within the next two weeks.
>>
>> The current 1.7.1 trunk is now locked for further changes (99.9% test
>> completion on the most troublesome platform (windows))
>>

>  The beta of 1.7.1 is ready:
>  [x] yes (+1)
>  [ ] no (you missed something...)
>
> That said, I want to look at why it doesn't work on a network mounted
> windows drive. I'll do that this afternoon.

gosh, this is a fun bug.

when you run ant on a remote share, we dont get the right path to the
lancher jar, so things go horribly wrong

Launcher JAR: C:\morzine\slo\Java\Apache\ant\lib\ant-launcher.jar
launcher Directory: C:\morzine\slo\Java\Apache\ant\lib

but I factored out the test and it works; we are creating the correct path.

    public void testAntOnRemoteShare() throws Throwable {
         String launcher =
"//morzine/slo/Java/Apache/ant/lib/ant-launcher.jar";
         String jarURI
                 = "jar:file:"+ launcher
+"!/org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher.class";
         String resolved=Locator.fromJarURI(jarURI);
         assertResolved(jarURI,launcher,resolved,true);
     }

Either we're pasting in the CWD in front, or new File() is doing it for us.