ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Set up folder permission in Windows with Ant
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:39:42 GMT
lawardy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user of ant. I am trying to set up a folder and need to set up
> certain permission on it (read, write and execute permission)Is it possible
> to do with ant?
>
> Any idea of how to do that.

1. this is the kind of question for the ant users list

2. Windows? it doesnt have that usable a permissions model. You need to
edit ACLs, which you can do by <exec>-ing CACLS:

 >cacls /?
Displays or modifies access control lists (ACLs) of files

CACLS filename [/T] [/E] [/C] [/G user:perm] [/R user [...]]
                [/P user:perm [...]] [/D user [...]]
    filename      Displays ACLs.
    /T            Changes ACLs of specified files in
                  the current directory and all subdirectories.
    /E            Edit ACL instead of replacing it.
    /C            Continue on access denied errors.
    /G user:perm  Grant specified user access rights.
                  Perm can be: R  Read
                               W  Write
                               C  Change (write)
                               F  Full control
    /R user       Revoke specified user's access rights (only valid with
/E).
    /P user:perm  Replace specified user's access rights.
                  Perm can be: N  None
                               R  Read
                               W  Write
                               C  Change (write)
                               F  Full control
    /D user       Deny specified user access.
Wildcards can be used to specify more that one file in a command.
You can specify more than one user in a command.

Abbreviations:
    CI - Container Inherit.
         The ACE will be inherited by directories.
    OI - Object Inherit.
         The ACE will be inherited by files.
    IO - Inherit Only.
         The ACE does not apply to the current file/directory.

I would advise you avoid it unless you know what you are going. To
create zip/tar files with permissions, use <zipfileset> and <tarfileset>
filesets with explicitly listed permssions.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/