ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging rev 628990 to the 1.7.x branch
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:33:13 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all (especially Kev 8-)
>
> Is it OK if I merge
> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=628990> into the 1.7.x
> branch before we release 1.7.1 (maybe even before Kev creates the RC
> build, but I'd like to have his opinion here first).
>
> Currently Cactus users are forced to stick with 1.6.5 since we broke
> their Ant task and this patch repairs the damage.  I'd love to give
> them a better option (in particular one allowing them to use JUnit 4)
> earlier than Ant 1.8.0.

I'm in favour of this, and a big fan of cactus (and of technologies like
hibernate that you can test outside of an app server). It is, however,
up to kevin...

I am always getting in trouble for adding things to releases at the last
minute; its why we run a two week release cycle. It makes it easier to
put off any last minute fix, and it makes it easier to correct any I added.