ant-dev mailing list archives

From kkckkc <kkc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EasyAnt: Ant based pre packaged build system for java projects
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:40:11 GMT

A year ago I started implemented something with similar ideas. The idea
is to describe your module metadata in a separate file and provide
ant tasks to process that data. It supports multi-module builds and
it also supports fetching dependencies from maven repositories.

A module might be described similar to

<module-definition name="sample2" type="jar">
        <libraries>
                <library id="library">
                        <jar id="lib/test.jar" />
                </library>
        </libraries>
        <build-path>
                <source id="src/main/java" destination="target/classes"
                        bundle="true" export="true" />
                <module id="core" />
                <maven id="test" group-id="test" version="1.0" />
                <jar id="lib/common.jar" />
                <library-ref id="library" />
        </build-path>
        <properties>
                <property key="test" value="test value" />
        </properties>
</module-definition>

A few tasks are available to read this data but unfortunately there isn't a
lot
of documentation.

There is a master build.xml file at
http://code.google.com/p/common-ant-project-model/source/browse/trunk/common-ant-project-model/trunk/src/main/resources/_build.xml
that uses this metadata to provide common build functionality.

I haven't had enough time to spend on the project for the last couple of
months, but
I have used it successfully for a couple of private projects.

It is available at http://code.google.com/p/common-ant-project-model/

/Magnus