ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProjectHelper : parsing from InputStream
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:10:22 GMT
"Benjamin de Dardel" <benjamin.dedardel@gmail.com> writes:

> 1: Should I copy and rewrite ProjectHelperImpl for my personal use
> ?

You can do that, if you want to 8-)

> Or is there another way

No, there isn't.  See below.

> 2: Do you need my contribution for refactoring helpers to accept
> multiple sources ?

We've started discussing this more than once but never came to a
solution that ended up in svn.  If you want to help us not dropping
the ball, you are welcome.

The problem is a bit more complex than just allowing a different
source.  The main problem are build files that do not specify a
basedir attribute on the project tag since Ant then uses the directory
holding the build file to resolve relative file references - which
certainly doesn't work if it doesn't have a File reference pointing to
the input.

Stefan