ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Suppress redirector input stream?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:45:46 GMT
Is there a way to tell redirector to not pump stdin to a forked process?

In the WAS build we have to fork quite a few times (either with <java
fork="true"> or with <exec>); these forked processes do not expect any
input on their stdin, but I couldn't find a way to tell redirector to not
pump Ant's stdin to the forked processes. I took a thread dump and noticed
that we have a ton of threads that are blocked in StreamPumper.run,
presumably waiting to read input that isn't coming.

I've been able to hack a solution, but is there any official way of doing
this?

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server